Friday, May 21, 2004

Natural Selection

Ten-pin bowling.
I haven't been ten-pin bowling in ages, in fact since January last year. Then, Maurice Gibb (don't ask) gathered us all together to have a game of bowling. He died a week or so after, so it was nice that we got to commemorate his death by rolling balls at pieces of wood.
I've been mildly wanting a game for a while but we were chatting about it at lunch in the pub and now I think we should go quite soon. I always really enjoy it, it's fun, generally not overly competitive, and I think everybody has a good time.
My favourite bowling experience happened four or five years ago. We went to the midnight bowling at The Mill, I ended up scoring about 200 for the one and only time in my life. That was quite good, I do admit that it was quite a nice feeling to do that well. That wasn't the highlight of the night though, it was the fact that what egged me on to score that highly was "to prove Darwin right". I had to score 200 to beat a rat-faced cunt who somehow was playing out of his flea riddled skin. Maybe Darwin will thank me in 'heaven'. Or 'hell' if Tazz is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home