Wednesday, April 28, 2004

He’s Simple, He’s Dumb, He’s The Pilot

It was cool to see The Superkings again. Dave seemed to have problems with the sound and the old joanna he was using, yet I enjoyed it. He had another good friend turnout, I think he’ll get too comfortable with the amount of friends that turn up when he plays, I think we’ll all have to miss one gig. Or maybe turn up and throw stuff.
I enjoyed Star 27 as well. They were er, “squelchy”. Yeah, “squelchy” sums it up. For a new band with only a handful of songs I thought they were bazzin’.
Hmm, listening to ‘The Sophtware Slump’ makes me all wistful. I don’t know if this is a good thing, I’m in danger of overdosing on “wist”.

“I’m afraid Mr.Smith that your teenage daughter Princess_Txt_Spk has overdosed on wist. I’m very sorry, I hear it’s quite common amongst young alternative people. Before she died she told me that she hated you for not understanding her but asked you to say goodbye to her pony Sugarlump. Oh, and yes she’d like the PVC butchers apron and fangs she was wearing to be put on the shrine in her oh-so-black bedroom.”

Marie got a new job yesterday. She went for an interview at a place in town last year but didn’t get the job as they were looking for somebody more technical. Anyway they phoned back the other week to see if she would like to come in for another chat, she did and they ended up offering her a job on the spot. Which is nice. More money as well so I may get more surprise gifts.
Speaking of Missy M, Monday marked the second anniversary of us, er, getting together. In many ways it seems like far longer than that, like I’ve known her many years. I mean that in a good way as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home