Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Well, I made it through the night shift. I actually got more sleep than I usually do, sometimes up to seven hours each morning and afternoon. My sleep patterns are slowly getting back to normal, I slept for about 11 hours on Sunday night, and woke up at mid-day. Oops, another holiday vanishes.
Nights were okay, circumstance prevented them being as useful as they could have been, yet I don’t think I got seethingly angry once at a fellow work colleague. That was unusual.
The money should be nice, I managed 45 hours.

I caught the spider!
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned the spider in this blog, but over recent weeks a large spider has been making appearances in the kitchen. It seems to only have shown its many-eyed face when Marie has been in the house alone, I’ve been unable to find it. Well, Marie was using the spider as an excuse to never enter the kitchen, so for the sake of my own laziness I had to find it.
It made another appearance on Wednesday night and I caught it on Thursday morning skulking near the back door. It put up a fight though, it proved quite difficult to catch. Spiders run from me as soon as they catch me lolloping towards them.
I took him outside, he seemed happy enough. Though I think I could hear a thin voice coming from his direction saying ‘I will get that Marie, she’d better still be scared.’

What do you do when you’re coming up the stairs and overhear your name being mentioned by two bosses having a quiet chat outside the office? Well this morning, I walked straight past them smiling like a mental. It turned out that they were discussing a report I’d written, which was duller than the possibilities my brain had come up with.

Marie is still ill, she got some antibiotics for her tonsillitis, it seemed to clear them up but she’s been unable to keep any food down. She seems to have a lot of the symptoms I had when I had parotitis. She’s been signed off for another week, judging by the fact she has gone incommunicado, I guess she’s having another nap. Poor Marie.

In other Marie news…
A couple of months before Christmas, we had a mental incident in Fishergate car park. It generally gets quite full at weekends and a queue had formed. Some tosser, in a car he obviously thought was flashy, decided he didn’t want to wait in the queue so tried to push in. In front of Marie.
He put his car at an angle between Marie’s car and the one in front, wound his window down and said ‘if you don’t let me in then I’ll write both of our cars off’. Now threatening somebody in an old VW Polo when you’re driving a shiny shit machine isn’t the best idea. Then again he looked like a brainless twat. Marie told him to fuck off, I repeated it, his kids in the back seat now started to cry.
He edged his car forward a bit more, and much to my delight he touched the car in front of us. They got out and remonstrated with him, he just sat there.
Well anyway, the car in front moved forward again, we did, so did the twat. He ended up scraping the front left of his car down the side of Marie’s car and almost ripping her bumper off.
I then got out, weighed up whether to attack a man in front of his kids, but settled for calling the police. The twat then got into an argument with the woman behind us, then zoomed off into the car park.
I followed him, reporting his number to the police, whilst Marie stopped her car and got the names and addresses of the car in front of us, and the one behind.
The police soon turned up and said it was a matter for the insurance as nobody had been hurt. They took our details, the twat made some mumbles about being threatened and then said to Marie ‘I hope you’re fully comprehensive’. What he meant by this was that as Marie had been to blame, if she wasn’t fully comprehensive then she wouldn’t get the damaged fixed. He also probably meant that her insurance would be paying to fix the rather lovely scrape down the side of his car.
Anyhow, a couple of weeks ago Marie was contacted to say that this guys insurance company had accepted total blame for the accident and would be in contact soon to see about fixing the damage to Marie’s car.
Hahahahahahahahahaha!
Hee hee, ha ha, ho!
FUCK YOU!
YOU SLEEK HAIRED TWAT IN YOUR FAKE FUCKING SPORTS CAR, ARE YOU LAUGHING NOW? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR NO CLAIMS BONUS? WHAT WAS THE EXCESS LIKE? DID YOU HAVE A NICE GARAGE BILL TO PAY FOR THE DAMAGE? WAS YOUR WIFE ANGRY? DIDYOU BEAT HER AGAIN? DO YOUR KIDS LOVE AND RESPECT YOU LESS? HA HA HA!
WE SHIT ON YOU! WE SHIT ON YOU!
Anyway, I thought that was rather funny. I love it when cunts get their comeuppance. Tra-la-la.

I’m in another CD competition at work. They’ve become obsessed with them. We started off by making compilations of our favourite records of all time, I finished 4th. I didn’t win because they are all fools. We then had to make a compilation based on the cycle of life, starting with a song about birth, ending with one about death, and having all the other bits in-between. I didn’t do very well on that, again due to people being fools.
The current competition is to produce a CD with the twelve best ‘pop’ tracks of all time on it. There have been lots of arguments about what constitutes a pop record, having listened to three of the CDs, so far nobody seems to understand. Doves? Stereophonics? Dandy Warhols? The Verve? Not pop. I’ve been marking people down who’ve flaunted the rules, I’ve been really tough on what other people have on their CDs, as mine is pure pop.
The tracklisting for my effort is…

1. Hermans Hermits – I’m Into Something Good
2. The Beatles – Help!
3. The Monkees – Daydream Believer
4. Abba – Does Your Mother Know
5. Blondie – Atomic
6. Duran Duran – Wild Boys
7. Aha – Sun Always Shines On TV
8. Belinda Carlisle – Heaven Is A Place On Earth
9. Take That – Back For Good
10. Let Loose – Crazy For You
11. Hanson – Mmmbop
12. S Club 7 – Don’t Stop Movin’

I’m gonna get a slagging but at least I’ve stuck to what I believe is pop music. Somebody has put evanescence on!

What has happened this weekend Glenn?
Well, Friday was quiet. I was struggling to get my mind back into day-mode and spent most of the day in a daze. Marie was ill of course, so neither of us wanted to do much.
We ventured to Manchester on Saturday, I think it was a bit too early to go for Marie, I bought very little either. We travelled to Lancaster on Saturday night where Dave cooked for the five thousand. It was very nice, I hope he could make out the praise through the torrent of insults. We then sat around and fannied about, whilst I had a little cry at the thought of being sober again.
Sunday was quiet, I did a few jobs round the house. Missed the footy sadly, the guys here say it was a good game. Hopefully I’ll catch the match on Wednesday.
My mind has become filled with thoughts about doing the next stage of the decorating, hopefully it’ll be easier than stage 1 which was done over a year ago. Doesn’t time fly when you’re sat on the couch?
That’s it really. We watched Seabiscuit last night, which was okay. It wasn’t Oscar nomination material, the characters were shallow and under-developed. They were all ‘nice rich man’, ‘eccentric trainer’, ‘angry jockey with issues’, you weren’t given anything more than this basic outline. It made it quite difficult to sympathise with any of the characters. Still, it was okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home