Wednesday, February 25, 2004

4:40.
Tonight has been slow but it never is the worst.
I had about seven hours sleep today/yesterday/whenever and that has made it quite easy. I’m hoping I can manage the same again in about two hours time to stave off the madness that descends at the end of the week.
Being awake during the night and asleep during the day is bad enough, and when you get less sleep than you should it inevitably makes it worse, but there is another factor which makes this shift so depressing. I woke up after the first night at 2pm. I went to work at 6. After I’d made something to eat, it leaves very little time to do anything enjoyable. Being at work seems to be one continuous week long ordeal. There is no time for fun this week.
Work-wise I got a new test working tonight, yet I feel it’s not enough. It’s not often that I get a guilty feeling that I’m not pulling my weight but tonight is one of those occasions. It has set me up for more success tomorrow night but night shift makes me question if I’m doing enough to justify the increase in my wages.
I have a nervous stomach, I’m not sure why. Am I nervous? What of?
Even though I’m bearing up quite well, I’m prone to gibbering. I could see the blank faces avoiding my gaze before as I told them that I was half-bee and capable of producing my own honey.
I don’t think they believe me either that an escalator and flight of stairs have been put behind the row of filing cabinets in the office. Nige said it looked unrealistic however many times I tried it.
What other news do I have?
Marie has tonsillitis, she hasn’t been well since Sunday night. She’s been signed off for a week, I hope she’s better soon. Poor Marie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home