Thursday, February 19, 2004

Wee….wah…..woo.
I’m tired today, I had a rather poor amount of sleep last night. My brain woke up at 4am for some reason and decided to contemplate three hundred unlinked events from my life. Which keeps me awake and also irritates me, as I don’t feel the need to go over things again for the hundredth time. Hmm, mental illness has struck me early on. I was hoping for a few more years before I started making mud pies outside the office.
Last night we went out with some people from work, to Februarys instalment of the now regular ‘Payday Food Club’. What started as being just four of us going for a curry has now grown into something a bit more widespread. There was a whopping nine of us last night.
Anyway for February we went to an all you can eat Indian buffet in Poulton. It was shit. Meat eaters seemed to enjoy it, I had my pick of four veggie side dishes and rice. As one of the side dishes contained lentils, it meant I didn’t really have much choice at all. Lentils taste like sick.
I didn’t really want to go anyway, I was tired and still had the after effects of a hangover. I’m also bored of restaurants at the moment, I usually have a poor choice of food and it ends up costing a bomb. I think I just miss D.B.Mex.
Also, one of the effects of my recent illness is the fact that I no longer feel in danger of tearing a huge fucking hole in my work trousers. It was becoming expensive and faintly depressing that I managed in just over a year to tear three pairs of work trousers round the arse. JUST BY BENDING OVER TO LOAD THE WASHING MACHINE.
That’s what I told the police when they found me wandering around Moor Park at night.
I quite like slim Glenn, he’s less of an embarrassment when he looks back at me from the mirror. He’s still sneering at me though.
On Tuesday night we went to the pub with Nick and Karl. I miss our midweek nights out, they started in 1997 and after nearly seven years, sort of came to an end when Nick became all married and stuff, and I stopped being eternally single. Everybody seemed to be drifting away as well, in the late nineties there would be a whole table of us, it ended up with just the two or three of us.
We talked the usual load of shit and filled up the jukebox with whatever Indie we could find. Plus ‘Summer of 69’ of course as a talkpiece. I had to explain to Karl why we call him Karl ‘Deleted scenes’ Kuroski. I hope he’s happy now.
Nick is going to be a dad in about five weeks. I think he may pass out at the birth, or vomit on a nurse. All of which would be kinda classy. I’m not sure if he has prepared himself fully. NICK, ARE YOU FULLY PREPARED FOR FATHERHOOD?
It’s still unknown whether it will be a boy or a girl, both of the potential parents are just praying that the child doesn’t appear with the big flapping ears of its father.
I only had about five pints but I’ve been virtually completely sober this year and it affected me more than normal. I felt really grotty on Wednesday, which was something of a surprise, as I usually don’t have hangovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home