Thursday, October 02, 2003

They All Look Like Liberty X…

I had my first glimpse of the new students today whilst I was driving into town. I don’t know why but I’m always interested to see what the “look” is with students in each year. This year, seems to be like the last few years, in that it’s difficult to see where students begin and every other person in their late teens ends.
Gone are the days of green jeans *cough*, silly haircuts *cough cough* and cheapo clothing. Labels seem to be king, it’s quite easy to see why some of the shops in Preston catering to second hand student ware have vanished.
I’m interested to see what sort of posters will be bought at the SU poster sale. It was all Reservoir Dogs, Oasis and Nirvana in my day. I’m guessing it’ll be Justin Timberlake, Lord of the Rings, The Strokes or Rachel Stevens, depending on which social strata of students you are planning to operate in.
There doesn’t seem a strong student identity anymore. Hmm, maybe I’m seeing it through rose-tinted glasses. Maybe it’s because I’m 29 next week. Eeep!

Marie has fractured a rib :(. She was running to get the phone the other week, slipped on the floor and hit her side on the armchair. It seems quite painful, I’m trying to be Florence Nightinglenn at the moment.

Hmm, we seem to have spent a frightening amount of money on gigs. Here is our itinerary for this Autumn…

2nd Oct Frank Black & The Catholics - Liverpool
6th Oct Lowgold – Liverpool
7th Oct Jeffrey Lewis - Manchester
13th Oct Okkervil River - Manchester
19th Oct Dave Gorman – Manchester
21st Oct Snow Patrol - Preston
22nd Oct Super Furry Animals - Manchester
24th Oct The Bluetones - Preston
28th Oct Raveonettes - Manchester
31st Oct The Flaming Lips – Birmingham
7th Nov Tom McRae - Preston
8th Nov Grandaddy – Manchester
9th Nov The Crimea - Manchester
19th Nov The Cooper Temple Clause - Manchester
22nd Nov Radiohead - Manchester
29th Nov Blur - Manchester
8th Dec Suede - Manchester
12th Dec Belle & Sebastian – Liverpool

Should be fun but I fear we may be living on dust pie and woodchips till Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home