Thursday, September 25, 2003

I. HATE. THE. WASHING. MACHINE.
Ever since we bought a new washing machine three months ago, it has, for want of a better phrase, FUCKED ME OFF! It’s been leaving little bits of clothes fibres, hairs and dust over everything it washes, and clothes seem to showing signs of wear and tear far more rapidly than they used to. The people on the helpline told us to try running it all off cold water and letting the thing do it’s own fucking heating. Well, I’m trying that tonight and if it doesn’t work, Mr.Comet or Mr. Hoover are going to get a phonecall off me. Well, maybe off Marie as I hate using the phone.
I almost invalidated my warranty this morning by trying to put my foot through the washing machine door. Don’t tell anybody but I think I occasionally have anger issues with inanimate objects. That’s between you and me, okay? Good.
Some of the tracks off the new muse album make my head fizz. That’s a good sign. I hope the rest of it follows those few tracks, if so, it might climb quite highly up my end of year album charts.
I always do a top ten album list at the end of the year, well I have since about 1994. That year, the inaugural award was won by The Manic Street Preachers, for The Holy Bible. I can’t remember some of the years, I know Embrace won it in 98, Blur in 99, Muse in 01 and Doves last year. Who won it in 2000? 95-97? I’ll have a think, maybe look through some old books and let you know. I know you’d like to know now. Hmm, I’ve had a brain block.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home