Monday, August 18, 2003

I had lovely fun at the weekend. It seemed to cost me money yet again to have it, but it was, in the words of country legend Kenny Rogers, "quite fucking alright".
Due to work related events, I wasn't in the best of moods on Friday evening. I was feeling slightly misanthropic to say the least.
Anyway, we went up to Lancaster for a quiet, hastily arranged meal at Crows. It was just what I needed, I quickly forgot about the smug, devoid of dignity, conceited, self-satisfied shits I work with and had a nice night.
Start of in-joke....I’ve heard they do nice veggie food there....end of in-joke....
It is nice actually, it’s quite varied and caters well for us veggies. It’s not as nice as the chilli of course but then again I’m biased. I reckon I could do a varied vegetarian menu, one day I’ll have the vegetarian restaurant that I own in my head. We all chipped in and got Liam a birthday cake / trifle which was a mixture of ice cream and dolly mixtures. I think everybody had fun.
Saturday was quiet, I seemed to spend most of it being a lazy shit, lying on the sofa, watching the cricket and reading The Grauniad. Marie spent it baking.
From my observation post on the sofa I couldn’t see much but I could hear the whirring noise of the blender, the sounds of pans and plates banging together and the occasional exasperated cry. Then after what seemed like many hours, a flour covered Marie exited the kitchen having made loads of veggie sausage rolls (SOSMIX!), tonnes of fairy cakes and a Coca-Cola cake, which tasted lovely but looked like it had been involved in an accident.....which I think it had.
Me and Johnny H then got to adorn the cakes with dirty-words and rude pictures using a tube of red icing - until it blew up in John’s hand.
The reason we -er sorry, I mean Marie- was doing this was because of Liam’s birthday party that night. Like last year there was a theme, this year it was computer game characters. Due to laziness I probably copped out of it a little by going as a football player from whatever footy game you wanted. Marie went dressed as an Indian lady -sorry again, that should of course be a ‘native American lady’-, we didn’t really have a specific game in mind, I told her to say she was from colonisation and was bringing people furs to trade. I think she abandoned it halfway through the night and decided she was from a game based on Pocahontas.
There were some fantastic costumes there, in my opinion the general standard was way better than last year. Special note should go to Xian and Amit who were Mario and Luigi respectively. I’ll put some pictures on when I get them developed, I hope they come out and show the majesty of some of the costumes. It was lucky I didn’t go as Tommy Vercetti anyway as there were other Vice City-dressed people there.
Anyway it was really good, everybody seemed to have good time and there was plenty of booze drunk. Good work Liamsan!
Sunday was slow, I woke up really early and because we hadn’t got home till four, I spent the day knackered and a bit confused. I managed to rip up the huge bush (hee hee - bush!) in the garden, I suppose I’ll have to go home tonight and mow the lawn. Sigh.
We watched Liverpool get beat as well, ho hum, I hope it’s not a sign for the rest of the season.
So, I’m back at work today. Sigh sigh. At least there’s Thursday to look forward to. Oooh, mysterious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home