Friday, July 04, 2003

Reasons I'm Not Classy (No. 1 in a series of 207)

I was driving to work yesterday morning, singing along to The Bluetones. I was stopped at a crossing outside a school and a couple of dozen kids got to hear me shouting along to 'sleazy bed track' really loudly. I hope they couldn't make out the lyrics, they were only about 8 years old and won't be having kids for at least another 6 years. Let them have their innocence.

As I said, we went to see Grandaddy in Mancland on Tuesday. It was beautiful, when they played 'He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's The Pilot' as the last song, I realised about half-way through that my eyes had filled up with tears. Jesus, i'm so soft. I get moved in that way by truly beautiful music though. I had real difficulty seeing last night, Marie always has that trouble, what with her being tiny, but at 6 foot I feel I should be able to see okay. Only when a series of 6 and a half foot giants stand in front of me does this prove difficult. Still, I enjoyed it.
I'm listening to Exit Music by Radiohead as I type this and I can feel myself being musically overwhelmed again. I wish I had musical talent, I really do. I'd happily trade in my collection of 8-balls for that.

This morning I phoned up CSC, the chaps who look after our computers here. They put me on hold, probably whilst they tried to work out what the hell I wanted from them, and I was pleasantly surprised that the hold-music was The Charlatans. I had a good listen to that and was disappointed when it was interrupted by CSC giving me the answer I wanted. I'm considering phoning them up with a problem of such monumental complexity that they have to put me on hold for hours.

I WANT TO LIVE, BREATHE! I WANNA BE A PART OF THE HUMAN RACE!

I can see John trying to catch my eye again. I know what he's up to and he knows I know. I know he knows I know he knows as well. If I actually look over, he'll flick me the V-sign and then look away again. He's a 40 year old father of two teenagers. Hee hee, the only plus point to working in this dump is the fact I have three or four good friends here who are as childish and idiotic as myself.
Shit I looked, he flicked me the V-sign.


Where are my archives?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home