Monday, September 22, 2003

I like to look for early morning signs about what sort of day I’m going to have. This morning, for the positive, I hit every traffic light on green on the way into work. This is a good thing, a rare thing and one which puts me in a brighter mood than normal for work. On the negative side of things, I seemed to be driving towards the darkest clouds I’d ever seen and true enough, about a mile from work, the heavens opened and liquid bullets dropped from the sky. I’m still damp now. A second down-point is the fact that the motor is dying in the tape player in my car. Tapes are starting to play at noticeably less than the correct speed. Even the brightest indie-pop can sound like Leonard Cohen in my car. This makes me want to punch the tape player repeatedly until bits of blood and skin from my knuckles are left hanging all over it.
Still, I reckon things are fairly even about now on whether this will be a good or a bad day.

Something has gone wrong with my head. I’m becoming hooked on Fame Academy. I only started to watch it about halfway through the series, but in just two weeks I’ve become strangely enchanted by it. I want Peter to win and was actually nervous for him on Saturday when I thought he’d be “expelled” – that’s what they call it on the show. He’s a bit of an idiot, but he likes indie music and therefore I feel I should support one of my brothers. The website lists the fact he loves The Libertines and Radiohead, plus he lists his favourite CD of the last year as being the Tom McRae album.
Anyway, I like the show as it encourages the people in it to be musicians, and learn instruments and the art of songwriting. It also allows you to get to know them.
Like I said, I think I’ve gone a bit wrong.

I need to sort my money out, I have some big bills coming up so maybe need to calm things down for a few months. Every time I get a bank and credit card statement, I recoil in horror at it, but looking at it, it’s quite easy to see where my main problem is. A hundred quid on gig tickets here, a hundred quid on CDs there, mix with several DVDs, and stir it all up with eating out and booze extravaganzas and it’s really easy to see where my money goes. It’ll be really hard curbing my spendthriftness as I love “things” but I can do it. I have to or who will feed the children and keep the mill running? Aye, t’nobody that’s t’who.

I hope the new muse album turns up soon. I have a feeling it may make my head blow open with joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home