Monday, May 19, 2003

First things first, why don't my fucking archives work? Am I just being a spaz or have my ramblings been lost forever?
Hmm, which sort of reminds me...
I don't know why I started a weblog, boredom at work I guess and deciding I need to do something which contains at least a semblance of creativity. Hey-ho, I’ve mentioned the negative points before but they seem to be lost in the great archive vanishing of 2003. I typed the last two posts up at work last Thursday and have only just posted them now because I've been considering various things about this log. The second of the posts (the one relating to the pub quiz), contained a lengthy diatribe about the university rugby team. I had doubts whilst typing it, it was expletive-ridden and contained rather frank sexual descriptions. Did I want people to read that? I didn't know but just went with the flow anyway, I don't like censoring myself. Maybe that's a bad thing, there are times when we all need to actually watch what we say and do, I've been at the centre of so much trouble because of my inability to keep my opinions to myself. It's my own problem, it's not like it's an actual physical thing which makes me forthright, it's my own stupid brain.
Anyway, I let Marie read it to see what she thinks because as usual, and probably in a soppily pathetic way I seek her approval of most things I do. Plus she's the brains of the outfit and usually puts a sensible brake on my poor thought out emotion-fuelled outbursts. And she pointed out a good thing and one that concerns me.
The rant I put in the weblog made me seem so so angry and unreasonable. People by and large see me as an angry person, theres a lot of truth in it, I am prone to strong opinions but it's not the main part of my personality by a long way. I can be perfectly reasonable, calm and logical, I don't go around shouting at everybody all day. I do have strong opinions which I like to voice, but sometimes I crank it up even further, riddle my opinions with expletives and hyperbole to emphasise how strongly I feel about something. I guess its this that makes people think I just go around hating everything all day.
So I thought about it and took it out.
Still it was quite funny I guess in a ranty way, it'll probably be available as an extra on the DVD.

So, now calmer, and with a hat of reasonableness stuck on my head, I continue with the weekend chart rundown...

On Friday night we divved about with the NME quiz and then travelled down to Telford. Arrived there about midnight so after a quick whiff of Jacks smelly breath, it was time for bed.
Travelled into Birmingham on Saturday and spent a hundred quid on jeans. Jesus, the day before I was having money worries due to a stupidly large credit card bill and within a day had spent a hundred quid on radiohead tickets and another on jeans. Had a meander around Brum, trying not to spend anymore money. Did get a card and present for Pauls birthday though.
The reason we'd come down to Telford, bar to see Marie’s mum and dad, was to go and see The Cooper Temple Clause. So new jeans firmly in place, we headed off to Wolverhampton.
Now here is where I should maybe censor myself again. The following does not paint me in an attractive light, and maybe its way too much information. But, I can't be expected to keep everything like this to myself straight away so please show me patience...
I'd had stomach ache for about an hour, but on the bus into Wolverhampton from Julia's house I developed excruciating stomach cramps. It was agony and I had bent over double a couple of times wandering to the pub next to the gig venue. My stomach was turning and I felt in real pain. I rushed to the pub toilet where I had an unwanted and impromptu attack of the squits. Noticing the loo roll in the toilet to be very low, I sent Marie on a reccy for more but realised that maybe a pub change was required to somewhere with an adequate loo-roll supply. She must be an angel, I don't know how she can see attraction in and be so caring for somebody desperately trying not to poo his pants. I'm sure Brad Pitt never has this sort of problem.
We went to the gig venue, where I had to retreat to the toilets again. I'd been really looking forward to the gig all week but it looked like we'd have to go home. I felt really guilty about ruining everybody’s night so decided that I wasn't going to let my stomach win. I battled against the pain for a while and thankfully it started to ease. I don't know if I'd eaten something bad or whatever but for a couple of hours in Wolverhampton, I just wanted to curl up and die.
The Cooper Temple Clause were amazing! Fucking stupendously good! Sometimes when I’m excited about a gig, it can't live up to the high expectations I have for it, but this did. So good! I loved their album, the quiet-build-build-build-explode sound of many of their songs really appealed to me, mixing this with loads of energy, band members throwing great exuberant shapes and brilliant lighting, made the hairs stand up on my neck for virtually the whole gig. I'd love to do a lengthy review of it but feel it'd probably just descend into a sequence of sweary superlatives. So just trust me, it were bazzin!
Bowels relatively stable, we then got drunk. I don't remember getting back, I just sort of felt into a coma. Damn you cherry flavoured vodka drinks!
Woke up with a bad hangover, drinking alcohol after losing so much of my bodies liquid (ewww!) earlier in the evening, was a stupid thing to do.
Spent the rest of the day wandering around Ironbridge and looking through Marie's old photo albums. Hee, I just wanted to gawp at all the old pictures of Marie in a haughty, smug and kinda jealous way.
Got home lightning fast, mainly due to the amount of gabbing we did in the car, causing the car to go faster. Hmm, maybe. And thats it really. Busy week ahead, Pauls birthday, more football, Jeffrey Lewis gig etc.
Oh and I should really mow the garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home