Monday, May 19, 2003

Systems Computing (me) 0 Systems Engineering 1

Oh well, we lost. I think in the last 6 years of playing in the inter-department competition i've only been on the winning side once. I scored two goals in that game as well, a thumping of Boeing. Then again, their side was full of damn yankees, talking about offence and defence (sorry, make that offense and defense). I seem to remember one of them wearing a bandana as well.
The result was about fair I think, we didn't create many chances. Our defence and goalkeeper were excellent, the chap in goal was only beaten by people following up after his excellent penalty save. I used to play football to my strengths. I could run quickly and my passing was quite good. Recent years though have seen my weight increase by about 50% and my laziness grow by about the same degree. I didn't play too badly, I faded in the second half as my legs felt really heavy but hopefully i'll get another chance to play. I just have to find some new strong points and try to play to them.
I got a twatting on the head as well. I jumped up for a header (which is rare) and got there first (even rarer). The guy challenging me sadly headed me instead. It hurt for a while but I quickly resumed playing to my slightly rubbish standards.
I really ache today as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home