Friday, November 26, 2004

CNPS : 100

Fuck. It wasn't meant to be like this.
The plan was to go and see Dave's band The Superkings play at the 12 bar last night and to be home for about 11:30. I go in work early on Friday, to negate the flexi destruction of leaving early when the temptation gets too much. So hopefully I'd be able to go out, but still get in work with my body intact.
No.
The 12 bar is kindly open till 1am, so we stayed there till pretty much the death, drinking the booze. Then we had a protracted amble home. Now I feel like death. As I took Liam and Dave to the train station this morning, we looked like three corpses, up early for a morning drive.
It was a good night though.
I like Star 27, they be good. There seems to be more of them than last time, and the guitarist seems to have left. Still, they have a certain "je ne sais quoi" and seem like nice people.
Condor Moments are really odd, but really good. Some of the things they play make you smile, but a lot of their stuff also excited me. I appreciate their difference.
I was a bit pissed off at first when The Superkings played. Everyone had been quiet and attentive for Star 27, but had sort of wandered away to sit down and have a chat for The Superkings. I know they don't have a gang following like Star 27 but at first the band were drowned out by the chit-chat in the bar.
Still, the quality shines through and I do like the added depth that the cello gives. It's a shame that more people didn't pay attention because I think they'd have enjoyed it. And maybe learnt something.

Hooray!
Yes I can hear you cheering.
As you can probably tell from the title of this blog, this morning I hit 100 on the CNPS. On day 113 of the challenge, I have seen the number plates 1 thru 100 in a consecutive order. Life almost complete.
Now, lets see if the three-figure numbers are easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home