Friday, April 25, 2003

Depending on how the painting goes this afternoon, the new fitted wardrobe should be completed. I'm surprised at how it's gone, I thought it'd go the same way as everything else i've tried like that: i'd rush it, get frustrated at inanimate objects and end up sulking that the end results aren't perfect. Anyway there should be less clothes lying around the house without a home by tomorrow.
We're off to t'pub tonight for John Hudsons 28th birthday spectacular. I don't know if i'll know many people there, it'll probably be for the better if i don't.
Bar old men Karpofolofolski and Amin, all my non-work based friends are generally either the same age or younger than me, yet all my friends at work are in their thirties or forties. I think it's important to have friends or people who you deal with and talk to frequently from a broad spectrum of age range and life experience. If you just hang out and deal with the same group of people over a series of years, I believe it'll more likely than not stunt your emotional and social growth. I'm probably talking bollocks but i've seen what it can do to people, it becomes harder and harder to relate to new people from different backgrounds to your own the longer you avoid it. You become convinced like the levellers said "There's only one way of life and that's your own".
Did I really just use the lyrics of the levellers to back up my point?
Blimey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home