Wednesday, April 23, 2003

I'm having a disappointed day today. I don't know why I bother, they never do any
good, just tend to leave an unhappy feeling in my head. I just can't help but feel
let down by people sometimes. I'm undoubtedly being harsh, I guess when you're many
miles away from a situation, with your own problems and worries, whats bothering
somebody you've seen twice in two years is obviously of low significance.
I think it's an appropriate moment here for a Tazz style sigh.
Better things...
Well this Saturday marks 1 year! 1 year! In some ways it feels like it's been a
matter of months but in many, many ways it seems like the last year has been ten
years long. In a good way. Anyway thinking of the last twelve months got me to
attempt to work out which gigs i've been to in the past year. I was always too lazy
to go to gigs on my own and with my friends it was always hard to get a group of us
together to actually go to see a band, due to apathy, financial reasons, being
anti-social or whatever.
So including the fact that i'm going to see Malkmus again tomorrow, heres the gigs
i've been to in the last year...

The Flaming Lips X2 (Manchester, Birmingham)
The Bluetones X2 (Blackpool, Manchester)
Stevie Malkmus & The Jicks X3 (Wolverhampton, London, Manchester)
The Coral (Lancaster)
Idlewild X3 (London, Liverpool, Birmingham)
The Hives (London)
The Mull Historical Society (Liverpool)
Cinerama (London)
The Doves (Liverpool)
The Electric Soft Parade (Wolverhampton)
The Music (Manchester)
Easyworld (Birmingham)
The Libertines (Birmingham)
Super Furry Animals (London)
Suede (Manchester)
The White Stripes (Wolverhampton)
1 Reading Festival - The Strokes, The Music, Easyworld, The Hives, The White
Stripes, The Cooper Temple Clause, The Electric Soft Parade, The Vines, Haven, Pulp,
Muse, Foo Fighters, Mercury Rev.

I've included two support bands at them fancy multi-headline gigs like the one in
brixton academy with idlewild supporting the hives. Anyway it seems a lot written
down, we have loads of tickets for things in the future as well. Well a few anyway.
Looking back at Reading, it makes me think what a great band lineup it was. There
were several bands which I didn't see at all which in hindsight I wish I had. Bands
such as the polyphonic spree and longwave. I've started to remember just for the
good points about the festival and forget the nightmare that is camping. Which I
think is a good thing as long as I don't fall into the trap of camping again
because i've forgotten how horrible it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home