Monday, September 19, 2005

Henry The Radish

During the drive back from Birmingham on Saturday night, I asked Paul to pull over so I could take an emergency call of nature. He stopped next to a slope of trees and bushes, and I decided that to conceal myself that I should plough some distance into the middle of it before I rid myself of all the booze I'd consumed.
Today I look like a werewolf has attacked me; my right arm has about a dozen cuts across it from the thorns and nettles that I walked through. I was anaesthetised on Saturday to the pain, but it hurt on Sunday. I'm wearing a long-sleeved shirt today, I don't want people to think I was trying to carve '4 REAL' into my arm.
We were in Brum to watch Stevie Malkmus. The Academy 2 was quite full, but it was quite easy to see his big noggin from the back of the crowd. Ah, booze. Thanks to the power of booze I can swing from being garrulous to a complete mute within minutes.
We're seeing Stevie again in Manchester tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home