Friday, April 01, 2005

Arch

I *heart* my mp3 player. Chris isn't in today, which means I'm not sitting within 5 metres of anybody else and the only people worth talking to in the office are a good 10 seconds walk away. So I'm likely to spend today listening to various albums on my oh-so-sexy mp3 player, whilst inventing ways of procrastination to avoid facing the dull work I have to do. I'll start that next week. Promise.
Anyway, the mp3 player doesn't half increase the amount of music I listen to, especially new stuff. Today's playlist is:

AC Newman - The Slow Wonder
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Brendan Benson - Alternative To Love
Doves - Some Cities
Idlewild - Warnings/Promises
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
Rufus Wainwright - Want One
The Arcade Fire - Funeral
The National - Alligator

I think I can manage that before I go home tonight. It's just past 9 and I've just hit the start of Brendo Benso. Hmm, as I don't think I'm going anywhere at lunch I may fit The Futureheads in as well.

Is the pope going to die today then? What happens then? I've read that they call him by his name three times to check he's dead, and then tap him on the head with a silver hammer just in case. That sounds a bit archaic, can't they use an ECG?
Are people going to get funny about this? I mean 'funny' in the way that they take things off TV that may cause offence. I'm worried that tomorrows Doctor I-OO (private joke…with myself) episode "Doctor Who And The Papal Daleks" may be taken off air. Synopsis: The papal Daleks destroy abortion clinics and actively discourage people in third world countries from the use of contraception, thus increasing poverty and the spread of AIDS throughout the developing world.
Hmm, people can believe whatever they like, I just hope that I'm not deprived of anything because of it. Some people are catholic so the death of a pope is significant to them, whereas I'm not so should be allowed to continue business as normal.

Question: Which is the only film to contain a fight between Doctor Who and Obe-Wan Kenobi?
Answer: Shallow Grave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home