Wednesday, May 25, 2005

L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O-L, Liverpool FC

If this were the olden days then there would be a good chance of poo appearing in my breeches. Alas, it isn't and I don't own any breeches. Instead, I am in danger of doing a poo in my (checks) Marks & Spencers underwear. I'm not telling you what type and colour, you fucking perverts!
The reason for this is that tonight Liverpool FC play AC Milan in the final of the European Champions League, the continents top football tournament. Nobody gave us a chance of getting this far and its exciting me greatly. It's also terrifying the life out of me.
Football is meant to be enjoyable, but the run to the final has seen my fingernails gradually whittled away, and my lifespan reduced considerably. I think my heart has been damaged by fear-ogens.
We're watching the game in Preston tonight I think. Johnny H is selfishly choosing to watch the game in Poulton, whilst Nige has sloped off to actually watch the game in Istanbul. I had the option to go with him but the cost would have been prohibitive. Still, I wish I was there tonight to witness the occasion.
As Deano is staying at home, it'll just be Chris and I looking for a pub in Preston to watch the game. I'm not going to make it through the match without being severely tanked up, so hopefully we'll start early and carry a relentless stream of booze through proceedings.
I'm sorry if this blog is turning into gibbering half-sentences and grammatical retardation, as I can't really think straight.
I think we're going to watch the game in the Old Black Bull, as Chris doesn't want to watch it in The Adelphi or Roper Hall, as he believes they are cursed (admittedly we have watched Liverpool lose several times in each, though we did see the UEFA cup win in 2001 in The Adelphi).
If you see two drunken, semi-obnoxious Liverpool fans in Preston tonight, feel free to say hello.
Or buy me some crisps.


I'm going to have to stop typing, I've become giddy and idiotic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home