Friday, June 24, 2005

I was idly flicking with the remote last night and came across 'The Day After' on the sci-fi channel. My god that's a badly made film. Watching the badly acting eighties people being turned to gas by atomic bombs (which apparently makes you briefly glow red and show off your skeleton to the world before vanishing), I couldn't help but chuckle. I don't think that was what the makers of the film wanted. They wanted me to gasp in horror.
But people aren't scared of nuclear wars anymore, especially when they cause death in such a comedy manner. We're more worried about global warming, beneficial yoghurt drinks and the kids hanging out around the nearby shops. The people of the eighties deserved to die. Look at their hair!
So, take that Reece Dinsdale! Eat vapourons John Lithgow!
I'm glad that the people in the eighties were killed in a nuclear war, they died so we could live in a world without bad clothes, greed and Steve Guttenberg.
Hang on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home